IRCTC Next Generation is one of the most effective ways to travel i.e. via train and it cost you much lesser. There are so many trains that run daily and IRCTC takes a note on all those things. Many people are out there that prefer traveling by train and if you are one of them then we can help you with the bookings. You just need to get to the Ticket Booking tab and you can book your tickets as per your desired train and destination. All you need to do is an IRCTC Account Login and you are all good to get started with the booking procedure.
IRCTC stands for Indian Railways Catering and Tourism Corporation and this community handles all the trains, stations and almost everything that is included within the Indian Railway System. Indian railways have improved a lot in last few years and with the latest technology, there are more updates that are coming for the IRTCT users. It is more convenient as you can book tickets from many online websites and apps out there with IRCTC login. There are chances that the IRTCT will keep on upgrading like this and there is a huge decrease in incidents happening over last few years.
IRCTC Next Generation is here to help you out with so many things related to IRCTC. Thing and the time schedule keeps on changing in IRCTC as with this many trains and staff, there can be many things that can change some of these schedule timings. You need to keep a track on that as to ensure that you get the perfect ticket as per your needs.
About New IRCTC Next Generation Portal
This new interface was made to go live recently and there had been manage changes in the background. The website is made in such a way that it can now handle a higher user traffic. The IRCTC Login has been standardised and here are some of the changes on this new portal.
- The Journey Planner is now much more interactive and easy to use.
- The User Interface has been refreshed and it looks much better then what it was before.
- The portal also has many security features which offer you a better security for your device.
- With the new portal, it is now possible to plan your journey without even logging in to your IRCTC Account.
- It is possible to check the seat availability without IRCTC Login. The process of IRCTC Login has also been simplified.
Each and every user account has been migrated to the new portal and if you are still seeing the old portal then you need to clear your cache and refresh your webpage. Once this is done, you will be able to see the new page.
Services Offered by IRCTC Next Generation Portal
On the home page of the IRCTC, there are many new options available now. Here are some of the new options available to the user.
- It is now possible to plan holidays with help of IRCTC. The menu displays a specific option for Holidays which enables you to book special trains, packages, and even hotels.
- The website also tells you about the loyalty program which it runs in association with SBI. This can help you in saving a lot of money if you travel frequently.
- One of the major issue with the traveling in the train was the lack of transparency in the menu price but the new website now displays the menu price and options available on the train. You can click on Menu to check out these details.
- IRCTC website now also provides you with the details about your IRCTC Wallet and about the services available at the various stations.
- All in all, the portal is all you need to get all the information and details about any train journey.
- There is common IRCTC Login for all the subsidiary websites of IRCTC. You can use your IRCTC Login details to book hotels, air tickets and holiday packages.
Let us now have a look at some of the processes with respect to the new IRCTC Website. Here are the details.
How to Create Account on New IRCTC Next Generation Website?
IRCTC Registration and Signup Process in Two Minutes
The process of creating an Account on IRCTC has been simplified with help of this new portal. Now it takes just about 2 or 3 minutes to complete the registration and signup process. If you do not have an account on IRCTC then you would need to create an account on IRCTC so as to book the tickets or the hotels.
The process is quite interactive in itself and if you are finding it confusing then do not worry as below is the complete process of creating the IRCTC Account on New Generation Portal. Here is how you can do it.
- Navigate to IRCTC Portal and you can access the portal by clicking here
- Once the portal is displayed, you need to search for the registration link. The link is available on top of the page. If you are not able to find the link then you can click
- Now, in the next step, you need to fill up the form for registration. You would need the following details.
- User Name & Password
- Security Question and Answer
- Date of Birth
- Marital Status and Occupation
- Residential Address & Country of Residence
- Email ID and Mobile Number
- After filling up the form you need to enter the Captcha Code and click on the register button to complete the registration
- You can now log in with the User ID and Password you created. During the first time login, you will be asked to validate the Email ID and Mobile Number with help of OTP. Complete the OTP Validation and you will now be able to use your IRCTC Account.
You can also register for the IRCTC Account with help of the mobile application and this will give you a freedom to book tickets while you are on the go.
How to Login on New IRCTC Next Generation website?
To avail any service from IRCTC Portal, you would need to login to your IRCTC Account. What you must know is that if you are booking your ticket from a third party website, even then you will need to furnish the details of your IRCTC Account. Without this, it is impossible to book the tickets.
To login to your IRCTC Account, follow the instructions mentioned below
- Navigate to the IRCTC Homepage and you can use the link irctc.co.in to navigate to the portal.
- On the top of the page, you will notice that there is a link for Login Button and you need to click on the link to proceed any further.
- You will have to enter your User Name and Password along with Captcha Code to Login. You can also request OTP for Logging into the portal.
- Once you log in, the homepage will be displayed again and the login button will be replaced with your name.
This is how you login to your IRCTC Portal. If you are not able to log in, you might want to reset the password with help of the ‘forgot password’ tool.
How to Check PNR Status on New IRCTC Next Gen Portal?
With the new portal, it is also very much easy to check the Indian Railway PNR Status. You have the option to check the PNR Status on the homepage itself. You do not have to scavenge through many different websites to get the PNR Status of your train. Here is how you can check the PNR Status for your IRCTC ticket booking.
- You need to start by going to the IRCTC official website. Once you are on the page, you need to click on the Check PNR Status. The link is just below the Plan Your Journey Tab.
- If you still can’t find the link then follow the link – http://www.indianrail.gov.in/enquiry/PNR/PnrEnquiry.html?locale=en
- This link will take you to a new page wherein you can enter your PNR and click on Submit button.
- The PNR Status will be displayed on the new page for you.
How to Check Train Running Status via IRCTC Next Generation website?
When you travel by train, you must check the Train Running Status before you leave for the railway’s station. Moreover, you can also use the feature to check if the train is delayed or is it running on time.
Apart from this, while you are in train, you can also track your location with help of this feature. But do you know how to check the train running status of any train? Well, the process is quite simple and just follow the steps mentioned below.
- Once again, navigate to irctc.co.in and wait for the page to be displayed.
- Once the page is displayed, click on the Train Button from the top menu bar and a drop-down menu will be displayed.
- From the drop-down menu, select Track Your Train and you will be taken to a new page. If you are unable to find the option then use the link listed below
- Enter your train number and click on submit. This will show you the live train running status. You can plan your journey accordingly.
How to Check Live Train Status via IRCTC Next Generation website?
Checking the Live Train Status is similar to tracking the train running status live. This will also show you about the train running status of the train you wish to inquire about. Here are the details of the process.
- Visit the IRCTC Official Website and this has the link to check the live train status.
- On the official website, go to the main menu bar and hover your mouse over trains. Click on Track Your Train from the Menu displayed and you will be taken to a new page.
- Enter the train number here and the status of the train will now be displayed to you.
This feature also comes in handy when you have a relative coming to meet you and when you have to go and pick them up. This gives you an idea of their estimated time of arrival.
How to Check Seat Availability Status via IRCTC Next Generation website?
If you are in an initial stage of planning your trip then you might want to check for the seat availability before you finalize your plan. With the new portal, it is very easy to check for the seat availability and if the train has a wait list then you also get an idea about the probability of the waitlist being cleared.
Here is how to check for the seat availability and the probability of the waiting list being cleared.
- Just like other process, the first step of this process is also to visit the IRCTC portal. It is not necessary to log in to the portal while checking the seat availability status.
- Once you are on the page, you need to enter the date of journey, source station, and destination station.
- If you are flexible with the travel dates then you must check the relevant option before you click on Find Train Button.
- After clicking on Find Train Button, you will be taken to a new page where there would be a list of trains along with the other details.
- All you have to do now is that you have to select the train and click on Check Status Button. The seat availability status of the train will be displayed just below the train details
- Along with the Book Button, there would be a button for CNF Probability. If you click on that button then you will get to know about the ticket confirmation probability of the train.
How to Check train Time & Indian Railway Timetables on IRCTC Next Generation website?
So most of the trains do not run on daily basis. Some trains run only once in a week whereas you can also find the trains which are running every day. In such a case, it is important for you to check the train timings and the timetables.
This will give you an idea about the travel journey of the train. All you need to check this thing is the train number. If you have the train number with you then you will be able to check the Train Times and Timetables. Here is how you can do it.
- To check the train time, start by visiting the IRCTC Portal.
- Once the portal is displayed, click on Trains option from the top menu bar. A Drop-Down Menu will be displayed.
- Select Train Schedule from the option and you will then be redirected to a new page. All you have to do now is that you have to enter the train number in the designated area and click on the select
- All the details of the train will now be displayed on the screen. This is how simple it is to check the train time and timetables.
How to Book Tickets on IRCTC Next Generation Site?
There are many portals which offer train booking services for you but IRCTC remains to be the most reliable and secure portal for booking the tickets. The new portal has made it much more easy to book the train tickets. Here is how you can do it.
- Go to the IRCTC Portal and start the process by logging in to the portal. You won’t be able to book a ticket without logging into IRCTC Portal.
- Now, use the Book Your Ticket Section on the left side of the page and enter the details like the source and destination station.
- After entering all the details, click on Find Train. A list of all the trains will be displayed on the next
- Shortlist the train that you want to book and click on Check Availability You can also change the class of the cabin that you want to book.
- Once you are fine with the train seat availability status, you can then go ahead and click on Book Ticket Button. This will take you to a new page.
- On the new page, you would have to enter the passenger details. Enter all these details and move to the next page.
- On the next page, you will be able to review the passenger details and the journey details. Once that is done, you can proceed to next page and make the payment.
- After making payment, you will get the ticket displayed on the screen and you will also receive a text message regarding the same.
How to Book Tatkal Ticket from IRCTC Next Generation Website?
Next important thing is to book the Tatkal Ticket from IRCTC. You might need to use this feature when you are out of the Regular Tickets and you have to travel urgently. This will help you in getting the tickets as and when required. Here is how to book a Tatkal train ticket.
- Navigate to IRCTC portal and login to the portal using your User Name and Password. You will only be able to book a Tatkal Password only after logging in to the IRCTC Portal.
- In the next step, enter the source and destination station in the Plan Your Journey Tab.
- After entering those two details, enter the date and the class that you are looking for.
- Click on Find Train after all the details have been entered by you. This will take you to a new page which will facilitate the booking of your ticket.
- Now, on this page, a list of the train would be displayed. Select the train that you want to travel with and Click on Check Availability and Fare. This will show you the availability of the train in General Quota. If the tickets are not available in this then go to the next step.
- On top of the page, you will notice an option for Quota. Click on Tatkal or Premium Tatkal from this and check the status of the train availability once again. Choose Premium Tatkal only if Tatkal is not available.
- On checking the Availability, you will notice that there are two options, one is to check CNF Probability and the Other one is to Book. You can check for Probability if you wish to and then click on Book Now Button
- You will now be asked to Enter the Passenger Details, Mobile Number and Captcha Code. After entering these details, click on Continue Button and Review your travel plans.
- The last step is to make the payment and the ticket will be booked for you.
How to Check Menu Price on IRCTC Next Generation Website?
In recent time, there had been a lot of issues with the pricing of the menu. To deal with the issue, the IRCTC decided to display menu price on the home page of the website. If you have doubts about the price quoted by the staff for menu then here is how you can check the actual menu price.
- You do not have to log in to IRCTC to check the price but you need to visit IRCTC website to check the price.
- On the IRCTC website, go to the top menu and select meals, a drop-down menu will be displayed.
- From the drop-down menu, select standard menu rates. You will now be taken to a new page.
- On the new page, select the relevant option and the price of the menu along with the menu details will be displayed on the screen.
How to Book a Meal in Train via IRCTC Next Generation Portal?
If you have a confirmed ticket then you can use IRCTC portal to book a meal for yourself. That saves you from the pain of looking for the food on the train as you can pre-select what you want. Here is how to book a meal
- Navigate to IRCTC website and select Menu from the top menu bar.
- Click on E-Catering and this will take you to a new page. On this page, you need to enter your PNR Number to proceed. Enter the PNR Number and click on Proceed button.
- You can select the station where you want the meal to be delivered and then the list of restaurants will be displayed.
- Select your favorite restaurant and choose the options from the menu. Add all you want to eat wait for your journey date.
- Sit back and relax while your order will reach you at the designated It will be delivered to you at your seat.
It should be noted that some of the restaurants offer cash on delivery while others might want you to make a pre-payment. You can check the same while you are booking a meal
How to Cancel Tickets on IRCTC Next Generation Site?
There are times when you might have to cancel the tickets of the train because of the change in plan or an emergency. In such a case, the IRCTC provides you with a facility to cancel your tickets at a nominal cancellation charge. It should be noted that as per the updated notification, there is no refund on the cancellation of Tatkal Ticket.
So, if you have to cancel the rail ticket then you can do the same with help of IRCTC Portal and here is how you can do it.
- Just like booking the ticket, cancellation also requires you to visit the IRCTC Portal. Once you are on the portal, sign in to your account.
- On the portal, Click on the Trains Button and then select Cancel Tickets from the Drop-Down Menu
- There will be another option displayed where you get to choose between E-Ticket/I-Ticket and Counter Ticket
- Select the appropriate option and enter the details. Once that is done, click on cancel button and you will again be asked to confirm the details before you are able to cancel the ticket.
- Confirm the details and train will be canceled.
The best about the new website is that it allows you to cancel the Counter Tickets. Earlier, this was not possible and it was mandatory for you to visit the railway’s station to get the ticket canceled. The technology has certainly made it easy for you to cancel the tickets.
How to Book Tour Package from IRCTC Next Generation Website?
IRCTC had been offering various types of packages for a long time. The best part about this is that the packages are offered at a discount so as to promote tourism. The service is highly reliable and if you are planning to book your tour package from IRCTC then here is the process for same.
- Visit the IRCTC Portal and login to your account for IRCTC.
- After logging in to the portal, click on Holidays Button & Select Packages from the list. You will notice another option and from this, select Tour Package.
- You will be redirected to a new website and this website can also be accessed with help of the link – https://www.irctctourism.com/#/tourpkgs
- you need to enter the destination in the search bar and click on search button to check out various packages made available by IRCTC.
- A list of available packages will be displayed on the new page. You can check the various details by clicking on Details button.
- After shortlisting the package you want, click on Book Button and select the starting date. Click on continue button after selecting the start date.
- You will now get an option to choose the accommodation type. On the next page, you will be prompted to enter the passenger details.
- After entering the passenger details, you will be shown a summary of the tour and in the next step, simply make the payment for the tour you are booking.
- Post payment, you will have a confirmation of the package booked by you.
How to Book Air Package from IRCTC Next Gen Portal?
IRCTC manages the Indian railway booking in India but do you know that you can also book air tickets with help of the website? You probably didn’t know about this fact. Booking air packages means that you can travel to the destination by air.
The packages offered by IRCTC are not only reliable but they are also very good. If you are planning to book an air package from IRCTC then here is how you can do it.
- From IRCTC website, you need to navigate yourself to the Tourism website of IRCTC. To reach there, you can click on Holidays and then you can select Tours and Air Package from the list.
- This will take you to IRCTC Tourism website. On the website, select air tours from the top and enter the destination in search space.
- On the next page, list of all the destinations covered by IRCTC will be displayed. You can again shortlist the air package for yourself as per the details mentioned with the package.
- Once that is done, select the dates for your travel and proceed to the next page.
- The next few steps include adding the passenger details and making payments. You would also be asked to review the package before you can make the final payment.
- After making the payment, you will simply get a confirmation about the air package booked by you.
How to Book Internationl Package from IRCTC Next Geneartion Website?
A lot of people are under an impression that they can book the train tickets to travel within India with help of the IRCTC but do you know that you can fulfill your desire to travel internationally with help of IRCTC portal? Well, IRCTC also offers international packages and here is how to book an international package with help of IRCTC Portal.
- Once again, you need to visit the IRCTC Tourism Website to book international packages with IRCTC. You can either follow the link – https://www.irctctourism.com/#/tourpkgs. Or you can choose the follow the usual process flow by going to irctc.co.in.
- Once you are on the IRCTC Tourism website, you can select international in the search tab, type the destination you want to visit and click on submit button. This will display all the international destinations corresponding to your search.
- Select the one which you like and move to the next page where you will get to enter the date of journey. Here, you can also choose the details of the rooms and the number of passengers.
- In the next couple of steps, you need to provide passenger details and make the payment. Once this is done, the package will be booked and you will receive the confirmation regarding the same.
The best part is that these packages include the visa charge, transportation charge, hotel charge, entry to some of the attractions and most of such things. If you book these packages then you would certainly have a very little personal expense left with yourself.
How to Book Room/Hotel from IRCTC Next Generation Website?
IRCTC also provides an option to book a hotel with help of the IRCTC Website. The service is offered with help of IRCTC Tourism and you can book the hotel by following the steps listed below.
- Visit the IRCTC website and then click on Holidays. Select Accommodation from the list and click on Hotels and Lounge.
- You will be redirected to IRCTC tourism. Below the search bar, select the option for hotels or stay.
- Now on the next page, just above the search bar, you will notice many other options like Lounge, Hotel, Retiring Select Hotel from there and you will again be taken to a new page.
- Enter the destination or hotel in this space and enter the dates of your stay along with the details of the people. Click on search button after entering these details.
- The list of available hotels will be displayed and you can shortlist the hotel from the available list.
- Once that is done, click on book button and you will be redirected to the vendor site to book the hotel
- Enter the name of the traveler and make the payment to complete the transaction and book the hotel.
- After the payment, you will receive the confirmation from the vendor as well as IRCTC.
Contacting New IRCTC Next Geneartion Portal
If you face any issue while booking tickets or during the refund then it is certainly advisable to contact IRCTC to get the details that you are looking for. The helpline can also help you with the train timings, train running status and other IRCTC train enquiry. Not just this, you can check your PNR status with help of IRCTC. Here are the contact details for IRCTC
Contact Number for railway enquiry– 0755-6610-661 & 0755-3934-141
Email ID for Cancellation of E-Tickets – email@example.com
Email ID for Enquiry about I-Tickets or E-Tickets – firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also use the contact numbers for train enquiry and the executives will certainly help you with what you need.
So, here you can find all the information about the next generation IRCTC portal and you do not have to worry about something that you might miss. If any of your friend or relative is facing any issue with the IRCTC Portal then you can guide them to this blog and they can get the answer of all their questions easily.