A lot of people come up with a question if it is possible to change the name of a ticket or if it is possible to change the boarding station on the ticket post booking. Not many know the correct answer and the procedure for the same. If you would like to know the process of these two options then you are at the right place as we have listed the procedure here.
Process to Change Boarding Station Online
To change your boarding station, follow the process listed below and you will be able to change the boarding station easily.
- To begin the process, login to irctc.co.in which the official website for IRCTC Next Generation Portal.
- Once you have logged in to the portal using your IRCTC Login, you can move to the Ticket History and the list of tickets booked will be displayed.
- In the next step, you need to select the ticket where you wish to change the boarding status. Remember that it is possible only for the Future Booking.
- You will now notice a button for Change Boarding Point. Click on this button and you will be able to change the boarding station easily.
- You will be taken to a new page after clicking on the button and on this page, you can select from the different boarding stations. Select the one which you wish to and click on confirm button to make the changes.
Process to Change Passenger’s Name
Not a lot of people are aware of this but the fact is that if you wish to change the Passenger Name in the ticket then this is possible. The process is not yet available online and hence you need to follow the offline route.
The basic condition here is that the passenger should be making a written request 24 hours prior to the scheduled departure. In addition to this, the passenger needs to submit this request at the nearest reservation counter. Once that is done, the ticket will be transferred to the other passenger.
Another point to note here is that the passenger can only transfer the ticket to the family members. This list includes father, mother, brother, sister, wife, husband, daughter or son. The passenger can’t transfer the ticket to anyone else and there are checks to ensure that the facility is not misused.
The documents needed to change the passenger name includes the ticket print out along with the ID proof of both the person to establish a relationship between both the parties. Without this, the name can’t be changed on the ticket. Once the request is processed, a new ticket is issued to the passenger.
This was the process to get the boarding station changed or the name changed on the ticket. If you IRCTC Next Generation Login details then you can avail many other services from the website and it surely adds to the ease of booking the ticket. If you wish to cancel the ticket, you can cancel the ticket via IRCTC portal and the refund will be credited to your IRCTC e-Wallet in case you booked the ticket using Wallet.