Most of the people believe a ticket booked through IRCTC Next Generation website cannot be canceled officially. However, this is not true; IRCTC Next Gen booked tickets if fully confirmed could be cancelled until last 4-hours before trains scheduled departure.
However, there is one thing that you should remember, if the ticket is booked online, then cancellation is possible online only and it cannot be cancelled through the offline method. To cancel the all you have to do is log in to your IRCTC account.
Steps How to cancel the IRCTC Ticket?
Canceling an IRCTC booked ticket is not that complicated. If you have already used the website to book the tickets, below mentioned are the simplified steps that could help you cancel any IRCTC booked tickets.
- Step 1: Open your web browser
- Step 2: Navigate to the official website of IRCTC or click here to go directly to the IRCTC website https://www.irctc.co.in/nget/train-search or you could also cancel your tickets herehttps://www.irctc.co.in/eticketing/pageUnderConstruction.jsf
- Step 3: If you have already booked the tickets then, you would have already been on the website. If not, then, log in to your IRCTC account using your credentials(username and password) in case you forgot the credentials, then, you log in simply by clicking on the request OTP button below it, and receive an OTP (one-time password) on your IRCTC registered mobile number. You will have to enter this OTP to the field on the website and then log into your IRCTC account.
- Step 4: Once, you are logged into your IRCTC account.
- Step 5: In your account, on the left-hand side of the navigation bar, you could find an option “Booked Tickets”. Click the “Booked Tickets” option.
- Step 6: Now, the tickets booked through your present IRCTC account appear on the screen. From the list, click the ticket to be canceled.
- Step 7:On the screen, you will find anoption “Go for cancellation” click this option and a new table with the passenger details wouldappear on the same screen.
- Step 8:From the list, select the individuals whose tickets are to be canceled.
- Step 9: Once, you have selected the passengers whose tickets needed to be canceled. Click the “Cancel Ticket” button below.
- Step 8:Now, a new box will appear on the screen that prompts you to confirm the cancellation. Hit the “Okay” button to authorize the cancellation.
- Step 9: Upon successful cancellation, the website would display a new dialog box with an heading “Cancellation Status Details”, which would include the PNR-number, Train number, date of travel, from and to stations, reservation up to, boarding point, class, the total amount you paid, the cancellation charges, and the amount that would be refunded after deduction of cancellation charges.
As you already know, you would have the made the payment online from your bank account. After cancellation, the refund would be made to the same account from which the payment has been made. You should also know that fact that there will be cancellation charges for every ticket cancellation made.